All the flavors of Mexican street corn, including fresh grilled corn on the cob, come together in this colorful and delicious pasta salad.
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 12 ounces Pasta Sonoma Torchiette or Fusilli Lunghi
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons seeded, chopped jalapeño (or more to taste)
- 3/4 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled (or substitute Feta)
- ½ c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, plain yoghurt or sour cream
- 1.5 teaspoons chile powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice + grated zest of lime (or more to taste)
Serves 6 - 8
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Grill corn turning frequently, until lightly charred all over, 10-15 minutes; cool and cut corn from the cob.
- Cook pasta according to package direction. Drain well..
- In a large bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing.
- Add cooked pasta, grilled corn, red pepper, green onions, jalapeno, cheese and cilantro, and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate. Taste again before serving and adjust seasoning, lime, jalapeño if necessary.